First, I had to arrange all my rendered sequences in the order and time it according to the animatic I created in the earlier stage. This had to be the easiest part of the post-production process. Some parts didn't fit and had to be cut from the film. Other parts were either too slow or too fast, and had to be adjusted. What took the most time was having to re-render the "odd" frames. Keeping the frames there would have made the film look less professional.
I spent a lot of time browsing through sound effects websites such as freesound.org to sync sound effects to the film. I don't have a high-quality mic, so I had to download foley sound effects wherever I could find one. I ended up spending a lot of time, in fact a couple of long nights over the weekends, browsing for the right sound effect. It always seems like it's easy to find that perfect sound effect in your head, only to realise you've been spending hours and hours looking for it and going with something less than ideal.